Monday, January 25, 2010

Just Another Manic (Rainy) Monday

Kids went off to school, husband Joe is out and about, and my momma came by to help me price my goods for an upcoming show this Sunday in Brooklyn. http://www.artistsandfleas.com/ for more info. Today was suppose to be a productive day.   It was, just not with what I had planned.  My mom and I ended up cleaning every crystal on 3 of my chandeliers.  Dont even ask how I got that side tracked, but I did, and they do look quite "Fabulous" .  As for the other 5 chandeliers, well they're upstairs, just my kids see them.


After my mom left I started pulling stuff together for my show.  Its not that easy to fit all my creations in a 5x7 space, you have to make it look like eye candy without looking so busy.  I tend to design whatever inspires me at a given moment, with no rhyme or reason, so at times my goods dont flow with one another, and some need to be left behind.  Thats okay, it is what it is.  I cant sweat the small stuff, because now I need to rush off.  Im meeting up at my twins school gym to take some measurements.  Did I mention I sketched out their whole 5th grade luncheon theme today?  Well I did, and I need to get the ball rolling with my decorating team because theres alot to design with a very little budget.  Seems to be the way things go when I decorate, little budget.  Thats when my creativity kicks in I suppose....

But I was able to spend some time at my desk and make a few fabulous bangles.  The sparkling gems just make me smile on a Rainy Monday.  And all of this done by 3:00 pm, because thats when I put on my favorite hat, being a mom;  homework, dinner, music lessons, art classes and dance.  Isnt that why we do what we do?
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails