Friday, February 5, 2010

Ive got "Male"

  The Artists & Fleas Market this past weekend, was a semi success, I made a few sales and networked a little.  I also met some really creative people and got a feel for what the clientele wants more of.  Shows are funny, I never know what people are going to gravitate towards in my booth.  I am very eclectic.  I sell an array of handmade items.  Jewelry, knits, kids clothes, purses, jewelry frames etc. that has its positives and negatives.  On the upside, my idea was to create a boutique atmosphere, a little something for everyone.  This way I will be giving the customer a unique selection as well as feeding my creative palette, cause I just cant make one thing, my creativity has no boundaries, I'm all over the road.  On the downside, people do not know where to look first when they enter my booth.  They love it all, but they become overwhelmed.."Oh my boyfriend would LOVE this", or "My mom always wears knitted scarves"..."my daughter would go crazy for this tutu shirt" and "I definately want this necklace for myself".  Then the next thing you know they leave with nothing because they couldn't make a decision or afford it all.  So I'm thinking I need to hone in one (or two) areas and really get creative, before I can do anymore shows.  I need to revamp JMDesigns, maybe even rename myself, start anew.
   So right now I'm going to focus on MEN..Great, huh? I noticed at the show that there was not anyone gearing towards men.  Maybe theres a reason, because it isnt really profitable.  Or maybe its just to challenging and people feel women are a more marketable consumer.  There also wasnt many artists that were designing for children.  So maybe I should crack down and focus on mine and my partners kids clothes line, LuLu & Paris.  People were definately gravitating to the tutu shirts and skirts the day of the show.  
  For now, I made the decision to concentrate on men, and ONLY men, and see where it takes me.  Last month I did a few pieces of mens jewelry and I was pleased with the designs.  This time I'm going to challenge myself and try to "reincarnate" some men's shirts.  I will post before and after pics whether I love the results or not....so stay tuned.....
                                            

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jamey!
    Hope all is well w/you & your family. I hope you'll remember who I am. My name is Ebony & our kids were in Montessori together at Hinder Them Not. I have a son Jaiden & dauhghter Nuvany. If I told you how I found your blog you would probably call the feds on me. I'm psycho like that when I'm intent on finding something :). Anyhoo I was trying to get in contact w/Frank & Elise. My kids from time to time ask about Valentine & Sofia, so I just wanted to reconnect with them. They were both so kind to me back then. So if there's anyway that you could pass this message on to them, I would be so grateful. You can leave a comment on my blog letting me know you got this message or either drop me an email at nuvanynice@gmail.com. Again thanks so much and take care!

    Peace
    Ebony

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, sounds like show was good....you are creative!!!! let's talk this week, before you turn 40!!!!!! love, me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails